Panxworth All Saints
District: Broadland - Deanery: N/A
Benefice: N/A - Parish: N/A
Postcode: NR13 6HS - Grid Ref: TG34744 13567
Open: Always accessible
Location: NW of village, off the B1140; limited parking.
The former church here had a Decorated west tower with flushwork battlements. The nave and chancel were box-like and designed by J. Watson in 1847. The church was derelict by 1969 and was mostly demolished in 1981, with only the tower left standing to mark the site. The tower was struck by lightning in 2006. The damage as since been repaired in a sensitive manner.
District: North Norfolk - Deanery: Repps
Benefice: Trunch Group - Parish: Paston
Postcode: NR28 9TA - Grid Ref: TG322821 34435
Open: Dawn until Dusk
Location: Just beyond the Bacton gas terminal; parking nearby.
A 14th century and later thatched church, built on the site of an earlier church, with a 15th century south porch. The medieval Paston family spent their money on Broomholm Priory near Bacton and were buried there, so St Margaret's, their local church, was left a comparatively plain affair. Wall paintings uncovered in the 1920's.